A guide to free yoga classes in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton and Miami
South Florida yoga fans can get Zenned out for free at places such as the Nautilus South Beach hotel, which has begun offering free yoga classes.
“I wanted to figure out a way to bring all the Miami Beach yogi locals to the Nautilus and begin to make our hotel more health-conscience,” says Vanessa Castellanos, director of special events for the Nautilus. “Also, the Ocean Terrace at the Nautilus is a hidden gem that not many people know about, yet it’s one of the only venue’s with nonobstructed views of the ocean from a rooftop in Miami Beach.”
The Nautilus is holding a Nauti Sunset Yoga Session every third Thursday of the month (the exception is this month, when the session will take place on Thursday, Aug. 23). The 60-minute power-yoga class starts at 7 p.m. and is open to the public. The Miami Beach hotel is also offering a 60-minute beachside workout that includes band exercises and cardio movement.
The Nautilus’ program may be the latest free yoga class, but there are many others in South Florida. So grab a yoga mat, water and towel and check out this list. (Keep coming back to this post, as we will update it as often as possible.)
WEST PALM BEACH
• Yoga at the Library — 5:45 and 7 p.m. Tuesdays and 9:45 and 11 a.m. Saturdays at the Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach, 411 Clematis St.. For more information, go to WPB.org/MyCityLibrary and click “Online Calendar” on the left-hand side.
• Mindful Moments Yoga — 5:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays at Manatee Lagoon, 6000N. Flagler Drive. Advance registration is required and participants must be at least 21 years old. For more information, go to VisitManateeLagoon.com and select the drop-down under “Events and Programs” and click on “Yoga.”
• Sunset Beach Yoga — 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays at Atlantic Dunes Beach, 1605 S. Ocean Blvd.. This class is led by the appropriately named Jessica Om. For more information go to Facebook.com/sunsetBeachYoga or Meetup.com/SunsetYogaOnTheBeach.
• Saturdays at Sanborn — 9 a.m. Saturdays at Sanborn Square, 72 N Federal Highway. The yoga class is led by Leslie Glickman from Boca Raton’s Yoga Journey. And if you just can’t make it, the session is streamed live at Facebook.com/YogaJourney. Afterward, there’s also a free Capoeira Brazilian martial-arts class presented by Deerfield Beach’s Cia Do Axè. For more information, go to MyBoca.us and scroll to the bottom of the home page and click “All City Events” under the “View All” heading and then click on the Saturday date you want to attend a yoga class.
• Yoga and Yolks — 8:30 a.m. Saturdays at Shooters Waterfront, 3033 Northeast 32nd Ave. Stay after the yoga class overseen by the Taryn Allen Yoga Experience and enjoy a free glass of champagne and get $5 off brunch. The classes are kid-friendly. For more information, go to ShootersWaterfront.com.
• Yoga a la Espanola — 9:30 a.m. Saturdays on Espanola Way and Washington Avenue in Miami Beach. The sessions on the pedestrian-only Espanola Way are facilitated by the nearby Synergy Center for Yoga and the Healing Arts. For more information, call 305-538-7073 or go to VisitEspanolaWay.com.
• Bayfront Park — 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; 9 a.m. Saturdays at the Tina Hills Pavilion at Bayfront Park in downtown Miami. All classes are taught by a certified yoga teacher. If it rains, classes are held inside the Bayfront Park offices. All participants must be at least 18 years old and will have to sign a waiver. For more information, go to BayfrontParkMiami.com/YogaClasses.html.
• Yoga on Lincoln Road — 10 a.m. Sundays and 6 p.m. Wednesdays at Lincoln Road and Euclid Avenue. Taught by Warrior Flow Yoga, the Sunday sessions include DJ Cisco spinning. The Wednesday class is sans DJ from 6 to 7 p.m. Both classes are pet-friendly and kids are welcome. For more information, go to LincolnRd.com and click on “Events.”
- A guide to free yoga classes in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton and Miami
- Who Let The Dogs Out?
- Sleep-away camp with a twist: It's for ADULTS ? and has BOOZE
- A Guide To Shopping At Hollywood?s Yellow Green Farmers Market
- 8 BEST VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN FORT LAUDERDALE AND BROWARD COUNTY
- America's housing market is raising a 'large red flag' for the economy
- Retired NFL Player Stephen Tulloch To Open Circle House Coffee In Flagler Village
- Fixed-rate mortgages: What they are, how they work
- The Millionaire?s Mortgage
- Color Photos of Florida in the 1950s